Re: [TowerTalk] DIN to coax connector?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DIN to coax connector?
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 01:52:24 -0000
I have one Heliax run that uses 7/16 DIN connectors.  I have smaller Heliax
connected on each end. The smaller "jumpers" have a DIN on one end and a
PL-259 on the other. There are DIN connectors available for RG-8 coax so you
can make your own adaptor/jumper however DIN connectors are not available at
your usual ham suppliers. They are not even that easy to find on the
interweb expect for the eBay ones from China and all of the DIN's for RG
coax that I have seen require appear to require a crimping tool for
installation. It is much easier to find N and UHF connectors for RG type
coaxes and the majority of my connectors are soldered N or UHF.  DIN's are
certainly a more robust connector which is mostly used in commercial
applications.

John KK9A