Re: [TowerTalk] DIN to coax connector?

To: Chris Hoelzle <choelzle@cox.net>, 'Steve Maki' <lists@oakcom.org>, 'towertalk' <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DIN to coax connector?
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2016 15:17:20 -0700
I purchased a bunch of custom cables from this ebay supplier: wifi_expert

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-CA-LMR400-PL259-UHF-MALE-to-DIN-7-16-MALE-Coaxial-RF-Pigtail-Cable-/371303924873?var=&hash=item5673704489:m:m2D85KEUXnQzoxMF8dchqGw

The cable is marked "Times Microwave LMR400" and the workmanship looks very good. They were assembled in the USA, got them in less than a week. I have a bunch of Suhner F-F DIN adapters ($$$ but got them very cheap) so was ok with a male DIN to mate to the LDF5 male DIN and the other end PL259. I have 12 of DIN-PL259 in custom lengths in service inside for over a year, no problems QRO 10 to 80m.

I suspect they will make whatever you want, if the connectors are available. There are lots of other cables and connectors on ebay from wifi_expert.

One thing I did was to make an Excel spreadsheet loss calculations of every cable run amp output to antenna feedpoint, with every cable type, length and its loss at band it is for. The goal was under 1db total and all cable runs calculated at less than 0.9db 10 to 80m. LDF4 on 80 & 40 and LDF5 20 > 10.

Grant KZ1W

"A tenth of a db here and there and pretty soon there is 3db loss"
plagiarized from Sen Ev Dirkson.