Re: [TowerTalk] DIN to coax connector?

To: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DIN to coax connector?
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 09:11:14 -0700
Another way to frame the issue is, "what is the cost difference for large diameter cable connectors DIN vs N vs PL's?" Then it is clear DIN's are a winner since the production volumes and variety of DINs probably exceeds the other two combined. And they are superior connectors, the commercial RF standard. So for hardline or LMR600 or larger, DINs are often cheaper (there are decent Chinese knockoffs and a lot of Andrew surplus on ebay), likely more available, and better. For "RG" style cables, PL's are fine thru VHF except when they don't fit some of the "interesting" stuff such as RG214 double shielded. For all connectors, I use the Andrew waterproofing kits and process, again the commercial standard. Of course, IMO.

Grant KZ1W