Re: [TowerTalk] Wire 4-squares in the woods?

To: Mike Smith VE9AA <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wire 4-squares in the woods?
From: Rik van Riel <riel@surriel.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 16:13:02 -0400
> subsequent question or two.
>

> I've read the archives here and on CQ-CONTEST back as far as they go
> and
> there is not much data on wire 4-squares in the WOODS or trees.
>
> Does anyone have any real world experience with them?

I have no experience with them, but I am considering
them. For 80m, it may be feasible to build a set of
four double L antennas (with the "tails" towards the
middle).

Everything I have read suggests that small construction
errors will lead to much reduced F/B ratio, but will
have limited effect on gain.

I do not know whether that holds true in the woods,
or whether the effect of trees near the vertical
elements also has significant effects on gain...

--
All rights reversed