Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower gearbox

To: Jeff Draughn <n0ost99@gmail.com>, Tower Talk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower gearbox
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 09:13:16 -0700
Related topic:

The motor bearings are pretty exposed on the UST powered crank ups. I use a plastic records/file box (black for UV resistance, other colors rotted quickly) with a notch cut for the power cable and held on with a bungee over the top so it stays put in the wind. This keeps rain off/out of the motor and nearby stuff. About $10 at Staples, cheaper at Costco if you can find black.

Grant KZ1W