Re: [TowerTalk] questions on the use of a man-bucket and guy tensioning

To: rxdesign@ssvecnet.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] questions on the use of a man-bucket and guy tensioning 5/16"...
From: TexasRF--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 21:15:36 -0400
Gary, you are on a steep learning curve! Most installers use a come-a-long
to pull the initial guy tension and hold the guy in position while the
lower guy  grip is installed.

If you install the grip about 75% it is relatively easy to remove and
reposition the grip. Once installed 100% you likely will destroy the grip
trying
 to remove it. Once you are sure of the proper position it is easy to
complete  the grip installation.

After the first few grips are installed you will get the hang of it and get
 the position correct on the first try.

If you have a man on each anchor it will go a lot quicker but you will need
 three of the come-a-longs for best speed. a half installed big grip makes
a  quick method of attaching the come-a-long to the guy. Some installers use
a  "pork chop" (I forget the actual proper name) to grab the guy cable;
perhaps you  already have three of these.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 10/11/2016 7:18:06 P.M. Central Daylight Time,