Re: [TowerTalk] Guy Tensioning

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guy Tensioning
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2016 23:50:09 -0000
I do not think that guy tension is critical and in my opinion having the
Loos gauge is much better than eyeballing it, which is what I did before
buying the gauge from Champion Radio. As tension is applied all cables
become stiff, even Phillystran, and the gauge reading is accurate enough. I
have measured various tower sections and accessories and nothing is
precisely manufactured.

John KK9A