Re: [TowerTalk] Stacked 4-squares?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stacked 4-squares?
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 15:39:05 -0700
On 11/3/16 2:06 PM, Mike Smith VE9AA wrote:
Has anyone used a Stackmatch (for example) to phase / stack more than one
4-square array? (like 2, 3 or 4 arrays)

(or perhaps ‘stack’/phase a 4-square with a yagi)

I know it’s been done with Rhombics and Beverages, but never heard of it
with 4-squares.

I am primarily interested in this on 10, 15 or possibly 20m.  I’ve run out
of woods to do any of this on the lower bands.40-80-160m

I already sense that however I arranged the arrays, it would only be
advantageous in 2 primary directions 180º apart.  Luckily, that’s probably
NE and SW (for me)

are you thinking about having an array of arrays? with, e.g. two 4square arrays 100 meters apart?

You will get the same 4 directions, with more gain. You also have the potential to get other directions.

Another thing you might consider is a hex or 8 array..

http://www.seed-solutions.com/gregordy/Amateur%20Radio/Experimentation/HexArray/HexBack.htm