Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft ma160v matching coil

To: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft ma160v matching coil
From: Guy Olinger <k2av@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 22:53:39 -0500
Oh yeah. SWR is sooo great when everything is lossy as all getout. More and
more radials will show you where it's actually tuned, for sure.

As to tuning method, text on ma160v at DX Engineering says this:

"An adjustable stinger provides coverage on any 40 kHz segment across the
1.8-2.0 MHz band."

That would imply you're not supposed to change the coil, but change the
stinger to move the center frequency, and the stinger should have enough
range of adjustment to go anywhere 1.8-2 MHz.

The manual says radials should be notched into the ground.

73, Guy K2AV