Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower price increase

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower price increase
From: Michael OBrien <k0myw@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 21:11:02 +0000 (UTC)
I bought my US Tower HDX-555 back in the 1990s, when the purchase price wasn't
so astronomical.

Shipping it from California to Missouri was almost as costly as buying the
thing -- and it took two tries, as the truck line mangled the first one that
was shipped.

I have been impressed by Tash towers, to be sure. They seem to be a fine
product, and their customer service is bound to be better than UST's.

However, if I were to buy another tower, I'd have to seriously consider another
UST (assuming they're still in business) because they now have a factory in
Kansas that is a reasonable drive for me.

Shipping costs and hassles often are not taken into account when purchasing a
tower, especially for the first time....

Mike K0MYW