Re: [TowerTalk] Fence Chargers

To: <cqtestk4xs@aol.com>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fence Chargers
From: "Karl Heil" <towers@mhtc.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 14:12:33 -0600
You shouldn't hear pissed off pigs very long either. Two zaps per pig maximum and they learn to stay away from the fence. Darn smart critters.

Karl

-----Original Message----- From: Bill via TowerTalk
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2017 12:07 PM
To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fence Chargers

Thanks to all who replied on and off the reflector on my post inquiring about electric fence chargers.

Here's the summation:

It seems like all of newer units, on AC mains or battery were quiet. The only issue is when they either have a poor ground, or come in contact with weeds, grass etc. Otherwise just about everyone said they had no issues with the fences.

My fence is now activated with a unit someone was throwing away (an import from ZL) and it seems to be working. I can here the sounds of the pissed off pigs squealing when they touch it. I'll be getting a solar powered one, but for the time being this one seems to do the job.

Bill K4XS