Re: [TowerTalk] noise profiles...

To: Thomas Noel <tnoel@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] noise profiles...
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 04:31:37 -0500
Maybe for you, but not for me.
I hope it never happens and at my age, there is little sense in preparing
.
The two most important needs when society melts down whether caused by a CME, or a disaster whether natural, or man made are food and staying alive, unnoticed. Neither are simple, whether in place, or Bug-Out. I know several and that's what they preach. If lucky, they'll only be back to 19th century living. A direct hit from a CME and the electrical grid will be down fore many months, if not a year or two.. It happened in the 1800s and the telegraph lines were hot. Fortunately they didn't depend on electricity to stay alive.

Eventually, after it becomes somewhat safe to be noticed, it will become a time for QRP and CW. IOW, basic communications. A time to know enough electronics to build a simple SS CW transmitter. Receivers?

You won't be putting out a signal except maybe right at first, then it will be wait until you are no longer worried about being found. No repeater, no telephones, no electricity from the power co, no water, and no gas for the house or car.

Off the grid and off the RADAR.

73, Roger (K8RI)