Re: [TowerTalk] noise profiles...

To: Paul Plants <w3plp@verizon.net>, Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] noise profiles...
From: <w5prchuck@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 10:18:01 -0600
“I have a noise, what do you think it could be?” doesn’t give us much to go on.
Can you give us more information?

Does the signal level vary with frequency?
Does the level vary with direction?
How are you looking for it? With what?
Surely it must be somehow localized to some area. How big?
Have you checked close to power lines? Is it louder there?
Have you checked close to cable tv lines?
Have you determined it is not in your shack?

Chuck W5PR
Sent from Mail for Windows 10