Re: [TowerTalk] Strange behavior

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Strange behavior
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 11:08:14 +0000
It depends on where you are.

The north magnetic pole has been moving at the rate of 30-35 miles per year,
from northern Canada towards Russia. It was within the Canadian Artic at the
turn of the century; it is now in the Russian Arctic.

The rate of declination change will be greater both at high latitudes and the
further you are away from the line along which the pole appears to move.

Al
AB2ZY

##  are u sure the declination has changed 10 degs  in just 20 years ?   I find
that
hard to believe.   Its  30 degs for us folks in VE7 land.  Same as it always
has been.
Declination is changing each year, but a miniscule tiny amount.   Interesting
to note that
we also point 30 degs  for down town EU.... so magnetic north and EU are one
and the
same.