[TowerTalk] Strange etc

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Strange etc
From: Ed Karl <edk0kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 20:40:02 -0600
A. The time between local sunrise and sunset is solar noon, in North America is in the middle.

Therefore any shadow point to True North.

B. With most HF antenna having 3db points for the forward lobe having the smallest angle of 30 degrees

why are we picking nits over finding magnetic north away from buildings and the deviation that day to

compute True North to get 1 degree accuracy?

To me on a circuit to ZS or G, it's "good enough" with the old sundial method from here in Missouri.

Or what am I missing?.

73!

ed K0KL