Re: [TowerTalk] Coax options

To: john nistico <electric911inc@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax options
From: Michael Clarson <wv2zow@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 22:25:29 -0500
John: The LDF cables are great performers. The AVAs are also good, but use
less copper and are a bit more fragile. RFS has comparable products as
well. There is an overlooked manufacturer -- Trilogy Communications.
http://www.trilogycoax.com/ They offer Aluminium cable, losses comparable
to copper and, there is NO water migration issue with their cable.and they
guaranty that, something CommScope and RFS will not. As a bonus, their
cable is made in USA. I believe you can compare prices at Hutton.
https://www.hol4g.com/ac/shop.aspx?m=6218   It's really tough stuff. I've
used it commercially for years, was skeptical at first because it wasn't
Andrew. Have had no regrets. One caution: Direct burying is fine, but if
you are pulling through conduit, it won't do many bends. --Mike, WV2ZOW