Re: [TowerTalk] What am I missing....balun

To: Wes Stewart <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What am I missing....balun
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 11:41:07 -0600
Hi Wes,

Yes, the enclosure is mandated by the choice of coax. Doesn’t mean you have to
choose that coax, however, does it?

If you can see $900 of value in it, then by all means, buy one. I see, maybe,
$100 in parts. Maybe another $50 in assembly costs. Throw in a good profit
margin and money to pay for the engineering and I still don’t see the value
rising to $900.

But from the picture, showing just one turn through the ferrites, it appears to
be the equivalent of a $900 bulkhead connector.

If the smartest guys here can’t see a correlation between the photo and the
published specifications, something’s off, one way or the other.

More people are questioning it than defending it. Don’t forget, that with Array
Solutions’ reputation, I went looking at it hoping the critics were wrong.

73, kelly, ve4xt