Re: [TowerTalk] triplexers and stacking

To: Mike DeChristopher <mfdechristopher@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] triplexers and stacking
From: Rudy Bakalov via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 22:29:08 -0500
Mike,

Option #3 can be executed slightly differently and it is what I am pursuing.

You don't need 9 HP BPFs, only 3. The sequence of devices, starting from the
tribander and going to the shack is:

1) 3 x Tribanders with single feed line each
2) Each feed line goes into a triplexers and you get separate lines for 20,15,
and 10.  In total, you get 3 x 20, 3 x 15, and 3 x 10
3) You take all the individual band lines and stack them using 3 stack matches
4) Now you have 3 feed lines again- for 20, 15, and 10
5) Install HP BPFs on each feed line, for a total of 3 BPFs

Haven't built it yet.  It's a summer project, along with expanding the remote
SO2R switch.

Rudy N2WQ

Sent using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity, typos, or inappropriate
autocorrect.