[TowerTalk] Rebar Positioning Assembly

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rebar Positioning Assembly
From: Jim Pruitt <jpruitt67@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 11:48:26 -0700
What do you tower climbers use for lanyards and connecting hardware? I recently bought a harness but the lanyard is a fall restraint lanyard from the back. I have seen rope lanyards used but they look to be way too long for best position holding on a tower. I have been looking at and for a crocodile clamp style anchor like a Rebar positioning assembly like this

FallTech 8250 Rebar Positioning Assembly - Swivel Steel Rebar Hook with 25" Gate Opening, Clevis-Pin Steel Snap Hooks, Grade 80 Chain, 23"

or similar: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NPV6FFK

Granted I am not an ironworker trying to anchor to an 18 bar wall but it looked like a good lanyard to be easily clipped around a leg or cross brace and keep me closer into the tower rather than leaning back 3 feet like rope lanyards.

Any thoughts or comments?

Thank you.

Jim Pruitt

WA7DUY