Re: [TowerTalk] Rebar Cage for Foundation

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rebar Cage for Foundation
From: W6RGS <w6rgs@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 12:34:43 -0700
Hi Joe. I bought an unfinished base from Tashjian a few years ago, because it
was going to sit for awhile. It came with the ears with bolt holes already
welded to the #8 rebar and the remaining rebar packaged by size. I used the
tower (horizontal on blocks) legs as a jig, bolting the base legs to the tower.
 I wire-tied all the pieces together, per the instructions, and had a local
mobile welder weld the other 6 pieces that needed welding ($100).   In
hindsight, I would have ordered it already put together.  73, Bill W6RGS