Re: [TowerTalk] Wind Speed by Location

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wind Speed by Location
From: "Bob Shohet, KQ2M" <kq2m@kq2m.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 14:31:59 -0400
I assume that this ATC data is for estimated Windspeeds as opposed to actual
measured windspeeds?   Do you happen to know how often they update their data
and ASCE 7-05 and ASCE 7-93?

I also noticed that the windspeed data was IDENTICAL for my qth at 810’ asl at
the top of the hill facing a massive very sharp dropoff to the West as compared
to the end of my street where the asl is ~ 350’ and sheltered by hills.  There
is simply no possibility that the winds they experience at the bottom are
anywhere near what I experience at my qth.

73

Bob  KQ2M