Re: [TowerTalk] Tower location and house noise

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower location and house noise
From: Ken <wa8jxm@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 22:33:56 -0400
My quietest antenna is my 40' vertical. It is usually more quiet than anything else (500' loops, inverted Vee's, dipoles, OCF, etc.

Of course loops are supposed to be quiet and verticals noisy, we all "know" that.

However, my vertical is 100' away from the house, most of the other antennas are closer to the house. I do have one 100' dipole that is a bit further away than the vertical but I have not noticed it being any quieter than the other antennas.

I have plenty of room for antennas, I have 128 acres here. I could try putting something up 500' away but I figure the feedline losses would do me in.

73, Ken WA8JXM