Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning Strikes

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>, "sawyered@earthlink.net" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning Strikes
From: Máximo EA1DDO_HK1H <ea1ddo@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:03:47 +0000
Hi all,

I am not sure if all of you know the new lightning protection system, deployed
some time ago in Spain.

Basically, they have created a lightning rod which is a big capacitor. This
capacitor has one end to the air, and the other end to ground.

When a storm is over this device, the capacitor provides a small current from
air to ground, discharging slowly the risk for a sudden strike.

At the end, the strike is not happening, it has been "discharged" before the
strike.

They've called it PDCE or DDCE lightning system.

The original web site, in spanish, is: http://www.dinnteco.com/quees

I think there is a US version as well: http://www.dinntecous.com

It is in use in many places with very successful results.

73, Maximo

http://www.dinnteco.com/images/producto/funciona.jpg

[http://www.dinnteco.com/images/producto/funciona.jpg]