Re: [TowerTalk] Lightening

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightening
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 21:44:20 -0400
There are a few commercial tower guys on this list, I wonder if any have
seen these exploded tower bases?

John KK9A

To:     towertalk@contesting.com
From:   Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date:   Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:31:57 -0500

There seems to be an urban myth in popular circulation about foundations
being subject to being blown to bits or at least cracked open sufficiently
for them to fail due to lightning. If this were a real threat wouldn't it be
common experience with Ufer grounds? Can anyone provide a reference to a
properly documented incident where lightning blew apart a foundation?

I'd be happy to abandon my current thinking and get on board with the
lightning blows up concrete folks it there were sufficient factual evidence.

Patrick        NJ5G