[TowerTalk] My Moxon Project - progress report

To: Dan Maguire via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] My Moxon Project - progress report
From: Dave Sublette <k4to@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 18:37:13 -0400
Several of you have emailed me privately about modeling the Moxon 2 Element 40M
yagi. I am at the start of a project to build two of them using parts from one
Telrex 6 element 20M yagi (20M646).

First step is to do some modeling and I have a program called Antenna Model,
which is one of the many modeling programs that is able to handle the odd
geometry of the Moxon elements.

Now the rub.  I run Windows 7/64 bit inside a virtual O/S operating under
Parallels on my Mac Mini.  The Antenna Model program installs and runs, but
will not calculate.  The calculate tab comes up all gray.

So I got out my Old laptop which runs XP Pro, service pack 3 and the program
installs, runs and calculates.

That’s where I am now.  Next step is to learn the AM program, then run the
Moxon file I have and start the variations in the element construction.

Thanks to all who have helped to this point.  I’m sure I will need more help as
I go along.

73,

Dave, K4TO