Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical on concrete pad

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical on concrete pad
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 20:51:58 -0400
It is not a good idea to put aluminum in the concrete, significant corrosion
can occur.  If you are thinking of adding more sections to this embedded
aluminum tubing to make the vertical element, concrete is conductive so you
will need an insulated base. If it is free standing I would look at the base
bolts of similar sized light duty tubular towers.  FWIW, I used steel
channel with around 1/4 wall embedded in concrete for my verticals.

John KK9A