Re: [TowerTalk] Crappy LMR600

To: Clay Autery <cautery@montac.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crappy LMR600
From: Dan Starkenburg via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 00:46:27 +0000 (UTC)
The DB-series of Times Microwave coax is injected with goo to prevent moisture
ingress in the event the outer jacket gets nicked.  That being said, it's a
bear to dress the cable for the connectors to be installed.  Tools get sticky.
Little pieces of the outer braid stick all over the place.  I've used
LMR-400-DB a few times in the past and have since decided "ain't nobody got
time for that" unless the coax run is actually getting directly buried (tis the
"DB" nomenclature).
73, Dan / ab0re

On Wednesday, August 23, 2017, 5:51:38 PM CDT, Clay Autery <cautery@montac.com>