Re: [TowerTalk] CM Choke

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CM Choke
From: Wes Stewart <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 05:49:58 -0700
As I said, I can't find the data.  The N2PK was an early version which I did not add USB to so I ran it on an old Toshiba laptop with WinXP and a parallel port.  I broke it out and fired it up but no data to be found.  I probably saved it on a floppy disk.  This was 10 years ago and I've lost a wife and had a number of issues since then so memory if foggy.

The Boonton is long gone due to downsizing.  I have the N2PK still but have moved on the the DG8SGQ analyzer.

The photos I took were of a general nature and not necessarily the final measurement configuration, so reliance on them is a dubious proposition.

There is a plethora of papers and messages by the likes of N2PK, N6RK, DG8SAQ, OZ7OU that examine these types of measurements in detail.

Another fun and slightly related paper is here: http://www.tuks.nl/pdf/Reference_Material/David%20Knight%20-%20The%20self-resonance%20and%20self-capacitance%20of%20solenoid%20coils.pdf

Wes  N7WS