Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete base - tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete base - tower
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:06:36 -0500
...and to save $ you can re-purpose cardboard from boxes etc to make your own Sonotube equivalent.   I like a couple layers of cardboard held together with duct tape as a  circumferential reinforcing band every few inches of tube length (like belts.) When not overwhelmed by misplaced "GREEN" feelings I coat the cardboard with used motor oil so it lasts till the concrete sets up. If that incites your green feelings then use cooking oil for coating the cardboard.

Patrick        NJ5G