Re: [TowerTalk] KV4FZ ?

To: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] KV4FZ ?
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 15:50:28 -0400
I lost only one tower to Maria but two others survived.  My 5 element
beams were taken down before the storm hit.  My 3 element Cubex Quad
is a total mess of shredded fiberglass spare.  No more quads for me.
No crank up towers here, It is amazing my Rohn 45's stayed uip but the
Rohn 55 without any antennas on it came down in one piece...so it will
live another day perhaps,. My 160 tower is OK but the skirts have to
be replaced.  My house and ham shack suffered zero damage, unlike the
10,000 homes that lost roofs.  There is no city power here till next
year and no internet.  I am using my AT&T cell phone as a personal
hotspot.  I have a nice generator and Dishnetwork to watch some
football and the playoffs.  While everything in the news is about
Puerto Rico all the time.  It is a pity that after being hit by two
Cat 5 hurricanes in a little over a week very little mention is made
of the VI and the massive destruction all over the islands.

I have been doing 14 hours days getting radio station back up but look
forward to putting the antennas back up.  Repairs that usually are
measured in hours now take days to accomplish.

Thanks for your xoncern of my station.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ