Re: [TowerTalk] KV4FZ ?

To: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] KV4FZ ?
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 02:42:56 -0400
Amazingly the food supply was never an issue with the major supermarkets
fully operational almost immediately in 24 hours and of course with the
large tank farm here there were millions of gallons of gas and diesel in
supply as well. The roads are littered with thousands of downed power poles
and wires so driving is like on a massive obstacle course to get anywhere.
Most of the internet, cable and phone service was via fiber and that
infrastructure is all gone. Unfortunately, it will take a year or more to
get to near normalcy here.  Cruzan Rum just contacted me to put in an
upgrade to their radio system  So it appears they will be in operation as
they have a huge aging warehouse still in operation.

Thanks for the email.  It is really great to have internet even via my
bridge connection via my cell service.

Herb, KV4FZ