[TowerTalk] Fwd: Grounding connection to tower legs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Grounding connection to tower legs
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 07:43:38 -0400
>"Since I have yet to see a commercial clamp for connecting copper strap to a
>tower other than a modified hose clamp..."

John,

See my message from a few days ago:

http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/towertalk/2017-October/158208.html

You can use these same pipe clamps with a 1/4-inch SS stud for attaching your
copper strap.  Place a 1/4 inch hole in the strap's center then use a SS fender
washer on each side of the strap and it will be very secure.  Even better,
tandem mount two of them (one above the other) on the same tower leg so there's
6-10 inches distance between the mounting bolts.  That way, there's no chance
that the strap can catch wind and rotate on the bolt.

Paul, W9AC