Re: [TowerTalk] grounding at tower base

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] grounding at tower base
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 21:11:18 -0400
The clamp in the link has a tubing range of .75 to 1.7 diameter.  I never
heard of Rohn 67 but if he means Rohn 65 the tubing diameter is 1.9 so this
clamp will not fit. There are other sizes of this style clamp that will work
on larger tower and these models are quite easy to find on the interweb.

John KK9A

From:   Jim Brown
Date:   Tue, 24 Oct 2017 17:21:43 -0700

The product description says Rohn 25 and 45. The limiting factor is probably
the diameter of the rounded indentation in the bracket that U-bolt's to the
tower. The U-bolt is large enough for a pretty good sized tubular leg.  If
you don't find something better, it might be worth buying one of these to
see if it might be made to work.  BTW -- the product carries a UL stamp, and
a sticker says that it can be used below grade and in concrete.

73, Jim K9YC