[TowerTalk] Getting a stuck wire antenna out of a tree

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Getting a stuck wire antenna out of a tree
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 00:40:26 -0700
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 21:26:28 -0400
From: "Bob Shohet, KQ2M" <kq2m@kq2m.com>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>

<I want to thank the MANY people that responded to my request for help in
getting a stuck wire antenna out of a tree.  Very sorry about the several day
delay in my response but I was making the most out of our October Summer
weather in Connecticut to work on fixing all my low-band antennas and some high
band issues.  I received quite an array of responses, some of them truly unique
and mind-bending.  I will definitely use some of them in the future!

My favorites in no particular order:

1) Drone and cutting blade  - definitely a ?keeper?.  I do plan to buy a drone
for antenna related uses.  I will have questions about which drone you bought
and why,

2) Rope cutting blade ? never saw or heard of one but I will inquire ? sounds
very useful,

3) Chainsaw cutting blade ? see above

4) Shotgun  -  I live in deep woods and very heavy forest but I would
definitely freak out my neighbors because our houses are too close to use one
safely ? but this was an idea that never would have occurred to me.  LOL!

###  The   U tube video of the power company with the drone + flame thrower was
a good one.     Hiram Percy Maxim  was into noise abatement  He invented the
silencer, and several  versions of mufflers for engines, and
ditto with noisy air conditioners at the time.  His 1st  silencer was  for
shotguns..and sold  for $7.00    Later came the silencer for rifles.   The rest
is history.   I find it amusing that in the UK, they make you use a silencer,
when next to farms.
Farmers  were getting pis#@ed off at all the noise disturbing their livestock.
 Dont mess with a bump stock.   Local buddy has one,  you cant hit a damn thing
with it.   It will empty ur wallet... fast.   1st thing I learned in high
school physics was
...  nobody ever got killed from falling bullets.   Try shooting straight up
some time... you can catch em with a butterfly net as they tumble back down.
lol.

Jim  VE7RF