Re: [TowerTalk] Help with Force 12 C3S 10-Meter Adjustments

To: Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help with Force 12 C3S 10-Meter Adjustments
From: John Bayne N4EEB <john.bayne@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 15:13:54 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
First, thank you so much for the extreme response from hams both on and off the
mailing list.  I'm truly grateful for everyone's input.  I have learned so much
already.

1.  Two element yagi antennas of this design are a strange breed.  They can be
counter intuitive, because the driver on a particular band is designed with
impedance in mind first.  It is possible even, (not in this antenna), for a
driver to be longer than a reflector.

2.  Computer plots of the numbers I supplied by hams with analysis programs
correctly suggested that adjusting the length of the reflector would not
improve the performance of the antenna.

3.  As for the length of extension of the driver tips for 10m, the arguments
support from 1.5 to 4 inches or so.  However, a surprise phone call from a
respected genius today gave me a starting number that is within that number
range.

So!  I'm going to adjust the 10m driver tips outward, and when it's all said
and done I'm gonna come back here with the numbers and tell you how awesome
I've made this antenna with all of your help!

Thank you.  See ya soon.

73 John N4EEB