Re: [TowerTalk] RF int makeup mirror

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RF int makeup mirror
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 10:05:18 -0800
On 3/7/2018 9:55 AM, David Gilbert wrote:
Not much he can do other than turn the bedroom/bathroom into a Faraday cage.   Or turn the ham shack into a Faraday cage, but even that wouldn't help if his antennas are close enough to pick up the

Not necessarily. RF is radiated by current flowing on conductors. We can kill the part of that current flowing on external conductors, like the AC power line, with ferrite chokes. We've got to go inside the box to kill current on internal wiring.

73, Jim K9YC