Re: [TowerTalk] RG400 Measured Data

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RG400 Measured Data
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 13:57:25 -0700
One that's easy to make is TDR using a device with high time resolution. The DG8SAQ VNWA3e implements TDR with an inverse FFT of a sweep, and can sweep to 500 MHz with full dynamic range and to 1.3 GHz with reduced dynamic range. It's done by post processing, and five different windowing functions can be selected.  I've done that fairly often with cables whose life history or pedigree I don't know, and with new spools that I buy. With most spools that I've bought I can access the inside end to provide a short, and in rare cases to attach a connector (I did that with a spool of flooded Commscope RG6 once).