Re: [TowerTalk] adjustment Nut

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] adjustment Nut
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 13:34:53 -0700
On 4/4/18 10:53 AM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
A box wrench or socket for a 3 1/2" nut is not going to be cheap, Grainger
wants over $4000  goo.gl/sgFLVe

This is a case where something like a big pipe wrench or strap wrench might work well. If using a pipe wrench, I'd pad the jaws so the teeth don't cut up the bolt. Some scrap steel would work.

For that matter, I wonder if you could get square box tubing that would fit over the nut.

John KK9A

Wilson Lamb (no callsign) wrote

Soak heavily in magic juice.
Maybe wrap in a rag to maintain concentration of juice.
Get cheap box end or socket wrench.
Make torque pulses with hammer or impact wrench.
Repeat.
It seems like there would be an electrolytic way to do this, but I don't
know it.
WL