Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Modeling Services?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Modeling Services?
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2018 07:05:49 -0400
Personally, I use MMANA Basic a lot of the time.  Very simple to place
vertical elements in free space to understand the relationship on phasing
and spacing.  Simply define the 2 ends of each wire/element and where they
are on an x - y plane for orientation.  Then you either center feed or end
feed.  Dial in the phasing.  Take a look at the pattern.  Drop in some other
structures to test interaction.  Very basic and not out of the area you are
already describing.

My issue is more in designing the phasing implementation.  Its easy to tell
the software to drop in a +225deg phase on an element.  Harder to build it -
with bandwidth.

So I tend to stick to in phase and 180 deg out of phase arrangements to make
the feed construction simple.

73

Ed  N1UR