Re: [TowerTalk] Nested 4-Squares

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Nested 4-Squares
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 17:07:02 -0700
On 4/20/18 1:59 PM, David Robbins wrote:
My experience with 40m inside 80m says it is a bad idea.

bad on 40 or bad on 80?

Given the harmonic relationships, there's potential for issues, but it might be easily solvable with a relay at the base of each element that opens or shorts as needed.

Is nesting 4-Square arrays a good idea? By that I mean, for instance, an 80m
4-square inside a 160m 4-square. I was about to model this but it occurs to
me that someone has probably already done this exercise.