Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: grounding (again)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: grounding (again)
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 18:03:40 -0700
On 4/25/2018 5:53 PM, Bob Shohet, KQ2M wrote:
Hi Jim,

Thank you for you’re the additional details and explanation.  You just about convinced me not to run
a ground between the towers.  Instead I will ground everything  – (coaxes, control cables, etc.) to
a large steel box at the base of the tower and then ground everything again at the spg panel.  I think that
this is simplest and “cleanest” way of approaching it.

That's exactly right, Bob. And, of course, make sure that everything at the house is bonded together. Shack, power entry, telco entry, CATV entry, and all rods.

73, Jim K9YC