[TowerTalk] Need recommendations for a 40-10m. Yagi

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need recommendations for a 40-10m. Yagi
From: rlvz--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 20:59:27 -0400
Guys,

I'm looking to purchase a 40-10m. Yagi this summer.  It will be mounted on a
120' Self-Supporting Pi-Rod Tower in Wisconsin.  I'd prefer the antenna to
cover the WARC bands but it's not imperative as I'm a contester first and a
DX'er second.  Gain and reliability are my two greatest needs.

Note: I currently have a 3-element SteppIR at 50' so I do have WARC band
capability for 17 & 12m.  I'd love for my Yagi at 120' to cover 30m. but it's
not a requirement.

A couple of questions:

1) If you were purchasing a 40-10m. Yagi this summer please advise which one
you'd purchase and why?

2) The antenna is probably going to have a windload between 15-20 sq. ft.
Please advise which rotor you'd purchase for it?

Thanks & 73,

Dick- K9OM