[TowerTalk] 160m. Inverted L question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160m. Inverted L question
From: RVZ via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 04:38:03 +0000 (UTC)
Guys,

I've got a 160m. Inverted L with the vertical wire spaced 4' from a grounded
steel tower at the base and 6' at the top.  The radial system isn't perfect but
it's decent.  Based upon the Inv. L's poor performance, I believe I may have a
lot of power being coupled to the tower and shorted to ground.  A couple
questions:
1) I'd appreciate some guestimates on what percentage of input power may be
getting shorted to ground?
2) Any guestimate on what percentage of power may be saved if the Vertical wire
spacing is increased from 4' to 12" from the tower?

Thanks & 73,
Dick- K9OM