Re: [TowerTalk] Verticals on a Hill

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Verticals on a Hill
From: Wes <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 11:23:37 -0700
Personally, I don't understand all of the fuss about HFTA.  In the general case (sans 200' towers), aren't you pretty much stuck with your environment with little to do about it?

But regarding the benefits of saltwater locations, I wonder whether they are the result of lower angle radiation peaks or simply the increased efficiency of the ground plane.  In this query I'm considering 80-meters and more particularly Topband, where higher angles that get through the E layer quicker can be beneficial.

Wes  N7WS