[TowerTalk] 40M Yagi and Tower For Sale

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40M Yagi and Tower For Sale
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 20:53:56 -0500
The contest station at K5GO has been largely dismantled, and I am now going
to offer for sale the big 40M antenna and tower.

The antenna is 5 Elements on a 90 foot boom.  The boom is 45G, the vertical
truss is 55G, the side trusses are 25G.  The antenna weighs approximately
1800 pounds.

The elements are very heavy duty, painted with icephoebic paint and are
trussed in addition.  The gain of the antenna in free space is
approximately 10.4 dBi with very good pattern.

The tower is commercial, previously used as microwave tower by Cox
Communications   It is 33 inches on a face and 135 feet tall.  The rotator
is an extra large prop pitch and is controlled with a Green Heron/K7NV
controller. The tower is guyed at three levels with 3/8 inch fiberglass rod
and the special PLP grips.

You can see a current video I took a couple weeks ago here:

https://youtu.be/_c-_Rq8w7Kc

This is a serious antenna for a serious DXer or Contester. I am not aware
of a larger rotating 40m Yagi. There are many possibilities.  Leave it as
is  Make the boom longer if you want to add some 45G.  Interlace a loaded
80m Yagi.

$12,000.  It will cost another $1500-2000 for the crane to take it down.
Obviously you are going to have to transport it from near Harrison AR to
the new home.

You can imagine what it would cost to duplicate what is offered.

Send me an email if you want to talk about it, and I'll give you my cell
phone number.

73...Stan, K5GO