[TowerTalk] use Rohn 45 as a gin pole

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com, terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Subject: [TowerTalk] use Rohn 45 as a gin pole
From: terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 20:26:53 -0700 (PDT)
Hi folks,

I'm planning on using 20 or better yet, 30 feet of Rohn 25 as a ginpole to
raise my Rohn 45/25 two section  crankup/tilt over second tower. The last time
in Keizer I had a pipe of well casing I think that was about 15-17' above the
concrete. It was a big as me and my friend Bill could handle and setup in the
hole. This time I'm planning on making the ginpole out of Rohn 25. It will be
guyed well of course. But I was wondering if anyone else had tried to use Rohn
25 as a ginpole to raise about a 1000 pounds of larger tower. Also this time I
wanted to go a bit taller with the ginpole to make the single or double cable
from the winch have less of an angle when it's up near vertical.

Any thoughts?

Terry

KI7M