Re: [TowerTalk] Solid Tower Ground Wires

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Solid Tower Ground Wires
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 09:59:37 -0700

Check the wire with a magnet to see if the core is indeed steel.  If it is steel, in my opinion you'd be better off buying actual solid copper wire from the electrical department of one of the big box DIY stores.

By the way, it's sometimes difficult to determine how thick the copper actually is on wire like that since it smears across the face of the cut.  A better way is to sand off the copper a few inches away from the cut.

Use your steel core wire for a dipole if you have enough of it.  ;)

73,
Dave  AB7E