Re: [TowerTalk] Have you had success with ....

To: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Have you had success with ....
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 01:57:44 +0000
There are those who swear by anti-dampaning rope and some who swear at  the
technique .

Having installed numerous type of manufactured antenna  one fanonimum is
eveadent.

Certain designs have a self mechanical resonance . In a slight breeze  looking
down the boom you witness the flutter of the element.

Hy-Gain 155  5 element 15 meter beam is a prim example Dampening rope is a must
for survivial. I at one time built a 4 element beam out of Bill Orrs  hand book
 .

It shook like a three legged washing machine  in the spin cycle. And shed the ½
 .058 was element tips in a few weeks …

I kind of live by follow the instruction

My .02

Wayne W3EA