[TowerTalk] "experts" on loading towers on low bands and other areas

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] "experts" on loading towers on low bands and other areas
From: Don <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 16:10:12 -0700
Antennas and towers, debate topics that could go on for an eternity.

My first concern is can I hear the station I want to hear?

If not, are others somewhat near me hearing the station OK?

If they are and I'm not, I need to find out why and initiate a 'fix'.

My second concern is can I work what I hear (and want to work)?

If yes, I'm a happy clam,

If not, I need to find out why and again initiate a 'fix'.

Those who thrive on modeling and present the pros and cons here on Towertalk, thanks, learn a lot.

Those who build by using the old basics and 'seat of the pants' efforts, keep it up.

Do I think I will be doing any modeling of antennas, probably not.

But that doesn't mean I don't believe in the art.

There is so much I don't know nor have the ability to absorb (my brain boxes are pretty full).

Some like beer, some like wine.

Me, I take it all with a grain of salt (and a lemon slice and shot of tequila)

Keep the info coming, but keep it cool folks.

Don W7WLL ('83 and happily hamming since 1954')