Re: [TowerTalk] HST4-50 Heliax

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HST4-50 Heliax
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 06:07:10 -0500
>Cons: Not good for outdoor use - Not UV protected - any water ingress will
travel the length of the cable (it's a hose) - hard to find connectors at a
>reasonable cost.
>
>-Steve K8LX

In reality, I find none of these make a significant difference.  My
installation is outdoor at 500 feet on top of a building, with about 100
feet exposed to direct sunlight.  An inspection each year reveals no
degradation of the outer jacket, and loss has not changed at all (using Bird
wattmeter).  I use the same connectors as used on regular Andrew hard line.
This coax is sealed same as regular hard line.

Regards,
Keith NM5G